LOVE YOUR SKIN OUTSIDE IN
HEAD TO TOE THERAPIES
Coconut Oil (cocos nucifera)
Produced from flesh of nut
Benefits of Coconut Oil on skin
- It Hydrates – Coconut oil is made up of medium chain fatty acids which help to reduce dryness and allow you skin to retain moisture.
- It helps to protect skin – Coconut oil provides a protective barrier, helping shield from environmental toxins, dirt and other icky stuff you’re faced with everyday.
- It smooths skin – Rub some coconut oil onto your skin and you’ll immediately feel its soft, smoothing effect. And over time it can actually help to improve texture.
- It minimizes the look of fine lines and wrinkles – Coconut oil can actually help to diminish the signs of aging when used regularly. It soaks into skin and make those little lines and wrinkles appear far less obvious.
- It calms temporary redness – This nutty oil has a soothing, calming effect and can help reduce the temporary redness when it pops up.
- It provides antioxidants – With antioxidant and phytonutrient (plant compounds) components, coconut oil for face can help boost your nutrient factor and fight against environmental stressors that accelerate signs of aging.
- It absorbs easily – Coconut oil smooths into skin and swiftly, providing instant hydration and protection.
- It’s a great base for exfoliants – If you’re into DIY skin care, coconut oil makes a great exfoliant when mixed with a granular substance like sugar or coarse sea salt. Just mix the two, rub it all over your face and wipe with a warm, wet cloth.
- It soothes irritated skin – If you’re prone to irritations or sensitivity, coconut oil can help to alleviate any discomfort and provide soothing relief
- It smells great – Who doesn’t love that yummy, tropical coconut smell? It’s an added bonus along with the rest of this oil’s assets
- Emollient properties make it good for all skin types