Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) which may be useful for those attending classes or one to one sessions.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CLASS?
- Baby Massage classes: We provide matts for you to sit on and you will receive a bottle of organic massage oil. All information is provided for baby massage in a manual and some will be emailed to you. You should bring either a cushion for yourself to sit on and a pillow and blanket for your baby to lie on and anything else they might need.
- Baby Reflexology classes: We provide matts for you to sit on and you will receive a tub reflexology balm. All information is provided for baby reflexology in a manual and some will be emailed to you. You should bring either a cushion for yourself to sit on and a pillow and blanket for your baby. Baby reflexology can also be done while your baby is in their rocker.
WHAT SHOULD MY BABY WEAR
- Your baby can wear anything you like but a simple baby grow may be easier for you to take on and off.
- It is a good idea to bring your nappy bag, blanket and a small towel/ change of clothes for your baby too.
WHEN CAN I START CLASSES
Baby Massage/Reflexology There are no set guidelines regarding the minimum age for when to start baby massage/reflexology. Although nurturing touch can be given from birth, some babies may find formal, structured massage/reflexology too stimulating in the very early weeks.
When it comes to baby massage/reflexology classes, some babies may find a formal class overwhelming in the early weeks. It can also be hard for parents to make it to a class on time or consistently with a newborn. As a result, many parents prefer to wait until their baby is about six weeks old when their routine is more settled and their behaviour is sometimes more predictable.
WHEN CAN I START INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS
Baby Massage/Reflexology Again there is no set guidelines regarding the minimum age to start baby massage/reflexology classes but as these are individually booked sessions they are less overwhelming and more private they can be booked at the parents own discression.
WHERE ARE THE CLASSES /ONE TO ONE SESSIONS HELD.
- Classes are held at Kinsale Health Hub, Unit 7, Kinsale Commercial Park and Gullane, Clonakilty. Note: Both links open in Google Maps.
- Parking: There is free parking available at both Kinsale Commercial Park and in Clonakilty(please note that you park at your own risk and we at Head To Toe Therapies are not liable for damages that may occur on either property)
HOW DO I STAY UP TO DATE WITH UPCOMING CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
- Sign up to our newsletter, and follow our Instagram and Facebook pages to hear all our news first!
CAN I CLAIM BACK ANYTHING ON MY HEALTH INSURANCE?
- Depending on the type of Workshop you attend, you may be able to claim some of the cost back. Again please check your plan or talk to your Insurance provider.